Mab's REAL MA blog, as opposed to the other one in which she waffles about her life instead.


Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Day 48 - 51

Day 48:

Went through the whole dissertation, re-structuring




Worked my way through the first 'third' and made the final touches to complete the whole section.




Checked every book on my shelf for inclusion on the Bibliography.




Read or skim-read each book for their take on the 'Origins of Wicca', then collated each point chronologically, adding each new piece of research and/or evidence in the order it came.




Sent everything to myself at work, Shonna and Pixie for safe-keeping.




Day 49:

Finished the 'Overview of Debates' chapter.




Read the entire of Margaret Murray's 'The Witch-cult in Western Europe'




Wrote up notes made from the above and compared to Gardner's history of the Wica; plus Justine Glass's history of witchcraft.




Discovered that I haven't got Doreen Valiente's 'The Rebirth of Witchcraft', which I urgently need. Searched Amazon and nearly died of shock - the cheapest was £52! E-mailed Witchgrove to see if anyone already has it who could do a look-up for me.




Started reading Norman Cohn's 'Europe's Inner Demons'.




Worked on the 'Survivals' chapter.




Day 50:

E-mailed first 'third' of my dissertation to Dr Viv Wylie for reading.




Geoff Elliott searched for 'The Rebirth of Witchcraft' for me, but couldn't find it any cheaper, except in America, where it wouldn't reach me for four to six weeks. Pixie offered to have the book at her house and Priority Mail it to me; but that worked out more expensive than the copy in Britain I'd just found for £35.

I e-mailed Witchgrove again to see if anyone had it, in case it was missed the first time; then e-mailed Mike Gleason to see if he could help out.




Added a couple of paragraphs to the 'Survivals' chapter.




Read a couple more chapters of Norman Cohn's 'Europe's Inner Demons'.




Day 51:

Read another chapter of Norman Cohn's 'Europe's Inner Demons'. - Note, check when Mary became a Virgin, as Cohn states a heretic was executed for not believing in that in 1022.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?